Question by ‘seagull’ : ”Πως λέμε ‘ Έχω ένα φοβερό πονοκέφαλο” ;
My Reply to ‘seagul’: Όταν έχουμε ένα ήπιο πονοκέφαλο λέμε: ‘I’ve got a mild headache. It’s not that bad.’ Όταν έχουμε ένα επίμονο πονοκέφαλο που δεν υποχωρεί και σχεδόν μας ‘τρελαίνει’ λέμε:
- I’ve got a splitting (που μου ‘σχίζει’ το κεφάλι) headache!
- I’ve got a terrible (τρομερό) headache!
- I’ve got a nagging (επίμονο κ’ ενοχλητικό) headache.
Και με την ευκαιρία αυτή θα σου δώσω και μερικούς ακόμα τύπους ‘πόνων’ !
- Cramp: I was running and suddenly I got a cramp in the calf of my leg.
- Colic: When my son was a baby he suffered with colic.
- Crick: When I woke up in the morning I had a crick in my neck and it was painful to move my head.
- Cramps: Many young women have cramps during the first days of their period.
- Bellyache: Bellyache is a pain in your lower abdomen.
- Eye strain: If you read for many hours you may get eye strain.
- Dead leg: I fell asleep in the chair and woke up with a dead leg.
- Earache: Mary had earache caused by an ear infection which was very painful.
- Migraine: Migraines give you very bad headaches.
- Period pains: see cramps
- Tennis elbow: Some professional tennis players suffer from tennis elbow which is a dull pain around the elbow area.
- Pins and needles: Holding a phone for a long period of time can give you pins and needles.
- Sciatica: Sciatica is a pain resulting from a trapped nerve which runs from the lower back down the leg.
- Growing pains: Many children going through puberty suffer from growing pains because their bodies grow at such a fast rate.
- Sting: A bee sting can be very painful.
- Stitch: Sometimes when out jogging you can get a sudden sharp pain in your side which is called a stitch.
- Stomach ache: If you eat very spicy food it can cause stomach ache.
- Writer’s cramp: When writing my thesis by hand for university I suffered from writer’s cramp in my right hand.
- Toothache: I had a cavity in my tooth which caused me chronic toothache.
- Electric shock: If you touch a bare electrical wire you are very likely to get an electric shock.
- Lumbago: Lumbago can be very painful causing great pain in your lower back.