what …… like / like / be like etc.
Σημαντική παρατήρηση: Η λέξη like ΔΕΝ είναι πάντα ρήμα.
like / μου αρέσει
- Children like sweets.
- What’s your favourite fruit? I like apples.
like + to-infinitive
- What do you like to do on Sundays?
- I like my mum to take me to the park.
like + ing
- Cats like scratching.
- I like swimming in the earlu morning. It makes me feel very active.
like /σαν, όπως
- That big car, like my dad’s, is a saloon car.
- My sister is not like She is different.
- Stop acting like a child.
- He seems like a very intelligent young man.
look like / μοιάζω
- What does Mary look like? She is pretty. (εμφάνιση)
- What does your brother look like? He is tall and good-looking. (εμφάνιση)
be like / πως είμαι (γενικά)
- Alex is like his father. (προσωπικότητα, χαρακτήρας)
- What is your new teacher like? She is very friendly and pleasant. (προσωπικότητα, χαρακτήρας)
What does she look like? – She is very attractive
What is your new boss like? – Not bad. I like him.
How does she look? – She wears very smart clothes.
What is she like? – She is quite friendly.
What was the exam like? – Very difficult.
How is it going? – Ok, thanks.
How are you doing? – Fine, thank you.
How was the journey? – Terrible. It rained non-stop.
What’s it like, swimming in winter? – Cold but I like it.