Προτιμήσεις / Preferences – Τι λέμε όταν δείχνουμε την προτίμηση μας για κάποιον, κάτι κτλ.
• I would prefer going to Europe rather than going to America.
• Eleni would prefer having a registry office wedding (γάμος στο δημαρχείο) rather than having a white wedding (γάμος στην εκκλησία).
• I would prefer dancing rather than sitting around all night watching others have fun.
• Catherine would prefer wearing clothes that complement her skin tone rather than following fashion trends and seasons.
• Margarita would prefer wearing casual clothes rather than wearing smart clothes.
( ποτέ δε λέμε ‘
I prefer sleeping than working …. Λέμε ‘I prefer sleeping to working’… και λέμε, επίσης, I prefer to sleep than work)
• I prefer beer to vodka.
• My mate, Tom, prefers cycling to walking.
• I prefer Anna to Mary.
• A growing number of young Greeks prefer rakomelo (raki + honey) to ouzo.
• Ancient Greeks preferred their wine diluted with water.
Μερικά παραδείγματα με ρήματα όπως: αγαπώ, μισώ, μ’αρέσει κτλ.
- I hate to see people hitting animals. (πιο συνηθισμένος τύπος)
- I hate to see people to hit animals.
- I love swimming and jogging all year round. (πιο συνηθισμένος τύπος)
- I love to swim and jog all year round.
- I would prefer not to tell you who I am. (όχι ‘telling’)
would as soon
“Tina: Would you like to play tennis tonight?
Sofia: “I’d just as soon go swimming – it’s too hot today!”
I would sooner you came out with me tonight.